As usual, I’m late dying Easter eggs. I always looked forward to it every year growing up. He’s a little old to get excited about it now so I’ve been on the lookout for a project that we could do together that would give me eggs to save as keepsakes. Once we decide which projects to tackle I’ll share pics on Instagram and Twitter so stay tuned!
In honor of Easter weekend I wanted to share a dozen of my favorite egg decorating projects from around the net. Enjoy . . .
1. Kool-Aid Easter Eggs from A Grande Life - This sweet project produces beautiful vibrant colors for your egg collection.
2. Golden Speckled Eggs from Craftberry Bush - The little splashes of gold put this monochromatic perfection over the top. I love the addition of the tiny feathers to make a centerpiece!
3. Hand Stamped Eggs from Jennifer Rizzo - I love the “grown-up” look of this project. These could be a great decorative element all year round.
4. Rit Dye Eggs from Urban Comfort - The color range in this collection of Rit Dyed eggs is absolutely amazing! AND - the tutorial also includes a list of color recipes for each shade. To Dye For!! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist.)
*check out more ideas on the Rit Dye website here.
5. Painted Eggs from The Littlest M - These would require quite a bit of time and talent but if you blew out your shells and took very good care of them they would make beautiful gifts to pass on to younger generations.
6. Confetti Painted Eggs from Landeelu - These would be a lovely decoration for a children’s party! And a great project for little hands as well.
7. Fabric Wrapped Eggs from One Dog Woof - A great use for fabric scraps. These could also be used (with a metallic paint pen) as a decorative place card!
8. Black & White Easter Eggs from Obviously Sweet - So crisp and modern! A chic addition to an uptown Easter!
9. Confetti Dipped Eggs by Studio DIY - These are so festive and fairly easy to do with just a little Mod Podge and some glitter confetti! Super chic!
10. Eggs Decorated with Paper Napkins from La Receta de la Felicidad - Lots of style without a lot of time, supplies, or cost!
11. Silk Dyed Eggs from Our Best Bites - This idea gets first prize for originality. I love the idea of reusing materials but what genius thought of transferring the beautiful patterns from silk ties to Easter eggs? Amazing!
12. Pressed Flowers from Whimsy Darling - These are so beautiful! The perfect centerpiece for an outdoor Easter brunch!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little round-up and will be able to use some of these great tutorials in your Easter projects.
Have a blessed and beautiful Easter weekend!
1 Peter 1:3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
Image credits: A Grande Life, Craftberry Bush, Jennifer Rizzo, Urban Comfort, The Littlest M, Landeelu, One Dog Woof, Obviously Sweet, Studio DIY, La Receta de la Felicidad, Our Best Bites, and Whimsy Darling